The Human(ities &) Rights Global Network Journal is planning a special issue on ‘Art & Human Rights’ for its Autumn 2022 issue.
Call for papers
The Human(ities &) Rights Global Network Journal (https://www.humanitiesandrights.com) is planning a special issue on “Art & Human Rights” for 2022. The editorial board welcomes English-written articles on o broad variety of topics related to the mutual relations between the law and practice of human rights, and art (visual arts, performance, literature, poetry…). Both jurists and humanities scholars are invited to discuss legal topics in art creation and divulgation, as well as artistic interventions and comments on legal and judicial phenomena in the broad sector of human rights:
- The representation of law and (in)justice in art throughout the centuries;
- State regulation of artistic creation, including propaganda and censorship;
- Intellectual property, copyright, droit de suite, parody…;
- Architectural norms and repression of obscene and rebellious art;
- (Limits to) the freedom of expression and religion throughout artistic creation;
- Condemned art;
- The role of art in transitional justice;
Human(ities &) Rights Global Network Journal is an international peer-reviewed electronic open access journal. Each paper published in the Journal is assigned a DOI® number, which appears beneath the author's affiliation in the published paper.
Authors guidelines are available on the website of the Journal.
The 2022 special issue will be coordinated by prof. Georges Martyn (Ghent University). Suggestions for contributions (and all inquiries for extra information) are to be sent to Georges.Martyn@ugent.be by February 15th, 2022. Final texts are due in Summer 2022, for publication in Autumn 2022.
More info on the journal here
Post a Comment