The department Interdisciplinary Studies of Law (JURI) at the Free University of Brussels (VUB) is recruiting a full-time academic assistant (100%), starting 1 October 2016.
- Assistance to the courses Political History of Belgium, Historical Introduction to Law and Methodology of Law I, which specifically requires teaching seminars in small groups for first year-students in law
- Preparation of a doctoral dissertation in law; conducting research and publishing within the perimeter of the department's activities
- This position lasts two years, but is renewable
- Master degree in law with excellent results
- Excellent proficiency in Dutch (all teaching will be in Dutch)
- Agreement to the University's values and societal commitments, as reflected in its educational policy
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply, according to the University's gender policy
More information with prof. dr. Paul De Hert, head of the department (Paul.De.Hert@vub.ac.be).